Curated By: Nibandh Vinod
Last Updated: October 30, 2023, 12:27 IST
Karwa Chauth is a day when married women fast from sunrise to moonrise for the well-being and longevity of their husbands. The festival falls on the fourth day after the full moon in the month of Kartik. This year it will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 1. Traditionally, women wake up early to eat a pre-dawn meal known as sargi before beginning their fast, which lasts until they spot the moon in the evening.
On Karwa Chauth, many women create rangoli designs in their homes to celebrate the festival. Rangoli is a traditional Indian art form in which patterns are created on the floor using coloured powders. Rangoli is often created during festivals and other special occasions.
EASY AND BEAUTIFUL RANGOLI DESIGNS FOR KARWA CHAUTH
SIMPLE RANGOLI DESIGNS
If you are new to rangoli, here are some simple designs that you can try:
- Floral RangoliThis is a classic rangoli design that can be created using any colour of your choice. Simply start by drawing a few flowers in the center of your rangoli. Then, add leaves and other embellishments around the flowers.
- Geometric RangoliThis type of rangoli design is created using geometric shapes such as triangles, squares, and circles. You can create a simple geometric rangoli by drawing a few shapes in the center of your rangoli. Then, add more shapes and patterns around the center shapes.
- Freehand RangoliThis type of rangoli design is created by freehand drawing whatever comes to mind. You can draw anything from flowers and animals to landscapes and abstract designs.
COMPLEX RANGOLI DESIGNS
If you are more experienced with rangoli, you can try some more complex designs such as:
- Karwa Chauth Themed RangoliYou can create a rangoli design that is specifically themed for Karwa Chauth. For example, you could draw a moon, a Karwa Chauth thali, or a couple praying together.
- Mandala RangoliMandala rangoli designs are circular designs that are often very complex and intricate. If you are looking for a challenge, try creating a mandala rangoli design for Karwa Chauth.
- 3D Rangoli3D rangoli designs are created using different layers of colored powder to create a three-dimensional effect. 3D rangoli designs can be very challenging to create, but they are also very beautiful.
TIPS FOR CREATING RANGOLI
- Use a variety of colours to make your rangoli design stand out.
- Be creative and don’t be afraid to experiment with different designs.
- If you are making a complex design, use a pencil to sketch out your design before you start drawing with coloured powder.
- Use a steady hand when drawing your rangoli design.
- If you make a mistake, don’t worry! You can always brush away the coloured powder and start over.